Friday, September 10, 2010

Disclaimer

I suppose I'll go ahead and state this pretty much up front...

All of what I will say comes from one of three sources:

1) My personal experience.
2) My personal study and research.
3) Personal experience of people who have, at one point or another, been close to me.

However, out of respect for both my privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of the people I care about, I will rarely disclose whence they came.  If I'm repeating something third hand - that is, something quoted from another quotable source like Dan Savage - I will attribute it as such.  I will not use others' material without crediting them (knowingly), but otherwise it will be rare that I will disclose precisely where I obtained the information I'm giving.  This is not hide anything, exactly, but since some of the topics I'll be discussing will be exceptionally personal and sometimes controversial in nature, I don't want to put anyone's identity or privacy at risk.

While none of the people I will talk about, myself included, are in any way embarrassed or ashamed by their experiences, everyone's sex life is intensely personal and I do not wish to bring anyone into other peoples' bedrooms.

And, honestly, keeping the information relatively anonymous will allow for greater opportunity for you to make it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment